Kennedy Summers Playboy's Miss December 2013

After more than a decade spent modeling, Kennedy Summers decided to go to med school ... and get a master's degree in health administration ... and get naked for Playboy. All at the same time.The tall, blonde Summers, 26, is Playboy's Miss December 2013. She already has her bachelor's in anthropology, which isn't a usual background for a Playmate.
"I don't know if there have been other Playmates who (were anthropology majors), but the field always interested me," Summers said from a frigid Chicago on Tuesday morning.
"I think being able to travel to other places and cultures and understand and appreciate them and study why they do what they do is fascinating.".
A daughter of a U.S. military veteran, Summers was born in Berlin, raised in Virginia and spent some of her youth in Thailand. She talked to us about her Playmate experience, her love of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Christmas on the beach.
What's the weirdest reaction you've gotten since being named a Playmate?
"All of my friends and family have been very supportive. Some guy came up to me and stuck his phone in my face and took a picture with the flash on, though. That was pretty weird.".
How did you become such a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan?
"My family loves the Pittsburgh Steelers. I grew up in a household of inflatable helmets and Terrible Towels. Every weekend, the Steelers game was a big deal around our house.".
Where are you watching the game on Thursday?
"I'll be hanging out with some friends in Chicago. I'll probably watch it with them.".
Whom would you fire at the end of this season: Mike Tomlin or Todd Haley? Both? Neither?
"That's a tough one. I'm a Tomlin fan; he's done good things in the past, so he probably deserves another year. I really miss watching Bill Cowher coach and spit while he's yelling and getting angrier. He was always mad! Watching him was almost as good as watching the game itself.".
We've seen a lot of models get bodypaint jerseys. Which Steelers player would you choose for your bodypaint job and why?
"Jerome Bettis. He's my all-time favorite player.".
Does your background in healthcare ever make you feel conflicted about football?
"Those guys knew what they were signing up for when they decided to play football. It's dangerous. They need to use better helmets and protect against concussions.".
You're the December Playmate. What are your favorite holiday traditions?
"We used to go to the beach. It's weird when you think about being on the beach for Christmas, but it was a fun tradition. When you're on an island, you go to the beach.".
What's next for you after December?
"I'm starring in a film called "Money, Money Money." It's shooting from January to April 2014 in Chicago and Miami. It's about a bank robbery; I play one of the lead roles.".